Sample Week Recipes
Our plans are made to give you a break. Truly. Print the shopping list, do your one trip to the store and stock your fridge. Please read through each night's menu and instructions one time prior to preparation. We hope you will enjoy yourself, dinnertime and the selections as well. See you next week!
Give it a Whirl!Download PDF of shopping list and all sample menus.
Wednesday - Roasted Portobello Sandwich with Sundried Tomato Mayo and Mini Caprese Salad
Serves 4 and should be ready in 20-25 minutes.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbl minced fresh Italian herbs – your choice of oregano, basil, thyme, or flat parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1-2 roasted red peppers, sliced into ½ “ strips
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Romaine lettuce
For the Aioli:
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ cups mayo
- 2 tbls fresh Italian herbs of your choice
- Pinch of salt
For the Salad
- 8-12 ozs fresh mozzarella, chopped into ½ “ squares,
- 8 ozs grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbl+ balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbl good extra virgin olive oil
- pinch each salt and pepper
Prep Opportunity: At any point during the day, you can:
- Make the Mayo. In a food processor, mince garlic. Add tomatoes along with the mayo to the processor. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed and process until smooth. Add herbs and salt and process lightly. Transfer to a container and refrigerate.